Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shoulder Pads in the Mail! (and the end of the Whole30)

The roster for the Militia has not been finalized yet, but I have made it through January cuts and position moving!  Consequently it looks pretty good :)  First game against @ D.C. Divas April 2nd.



In other news I completed the final day of my Whole30 experience this past Wednesday!!

The

The Whole30 was a great experience for me.  I cleaned up my diet more than I ever have in my life.  I took sugar, salt and processing out.  My body feels great!  I have consistent energy levels throughout the day, there is never a day where my stomach hurts, or I don't feel "quite right."  The best, and completely unforeseen result has been my sleep.  In the last week and a half of the Whole30 I started waking up 10 minutes before my alarm every morning.  At first I thought my body was just making a mistake but it has been consistent every day, and I am not going to sleep or waking up at the same time either.  I am not sure what the "science" is behind this.  That said, the past week and half, my mornings have been the calmest and most lovely part of my day.

Honestly, I would keep the Whole30 going just to have mornings like this, and I think that is exactly what I am going to do:
Thanks to my friends in Philadelphia who started the Whole30 a little later, we are having an Interstate-Challenge!  This challenge was based on a great post that I found on The Clothes Make the Girl.  We are all earning points for 6 weeks.  At the end of the 6 weeks the person with the most points gets the purse ($10 buy-in among friends) and the person with the least points gets "Angie," (there are some different interpretations of Angie, one involving a 1-mile-run on the beginning and end of the written WOD below!).

100 pull-ups
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
100 squats

Needless to say I am not sure I have a day where I have the time to work on 100 pull-ups so I'm pretty sure I can't lose.  And if I can't lose then I need to earn points and keep the diet clean!  

I am excited to continue my Whole30 for the sleep but also to keep seeing results.  This blog post that I found through the Whole30 blog was a great motivator and reminder for me that I have a lot of work to do.  Thank you Leah!

MY PLAN:

Continuing with:
1. No grains/legumes/potatoes
2. No dairy (a given for my lactose-intolerance)
3. No added sugar or salt
4. No processed foods

Occasional additions:
1. Alcohol (1-2 drinks a week)
2. Dark dark chocolate (1x a week)

Stretch Goals!  (These I would like to meet but I also want to be aware of my mental capacity to 'make the right choice' all the time...)
1. Eat a vegetable at every meal
2. No nuts or nut butter (still a crutch)
3. No dried fruit (did this for the last 15 days and want to keep it going)

Positive thoughts to everyone partaking in the Whole30 challenge!  Great work.  Post post-Whole30 plans here!

No comments:

Post a Comment