Wednesday, January 19, 2011

5 Lessons Learned: Day 15 of The Whole30

AttributionNoncommercialNo Derivative Works Some rights reserved by Chris Blakeley

Today I am starting my 15th day of the Whole30 Challenge and I am feeling full.  I am also feeling excited about the things I have learned and realized.  When you are doing something hard and worth while, take a moment to think about what you have accomplished.  Those accomplishments show your strength and your commitment, and that is the strength will carry you through stressful days and "wintery-mixes!"  Keep it up! 

Here are the Top 5 Things I Have Learned/Realized thus far:

1. There is nothing that tastes good enough to make me "cheat."  I have spent too much time thinking about this to make a mistake AND no cheat is worth starting this challenge over.
2. I DO like to cook and I like to chew slowly
3. Dried fruit = a cheat for me, I still like sugar too much
4. Sleep is crucial!  When I do not sleep enough my desire to cheat rises exponentially.
5. When you can only eat "primal" eating for "fun" seems pointless.  Eating primal makes me feel more full and with no added salt or sugar the addictive quality of food is lost

Thanks for checking in.  Post your own adventures and lessons learned HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment